Build Your Business
Whether you're looking to start, grow or relocate your business in Downtown Grand Rapids there are numerous resources to help make the work easier - and successful. This section aims to help guide you through the various organizations and agencies that can help you build your venture.
Assistance & Networking
- Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce provides business education and networking opportunities.
- Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women offers resources for female and minority businesses.
- Grand Rapids Inventors Network provides support to advance creative ideas.
- Grand Rapids Urban League empowers African Americans and other minorities to achieve economic self-reliance.
- Family Business Alliance helps family-owned business succeed with mentoring and networking opportunities.
- Local First is a network of locally owned businesses.
- Jandernoa Entrepreneurial Mentoring provides support for second stage business leaders.
- Junior Achievement provides K12 programs on entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness.
- Michigan Minority Business Development Center promotes growth of minority-owned businesses.
- Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center offers assistance through counseling, training, and other resources.
- Right Place, Inc. is West Michigan's lead business development and economic development agency.
- Service Corp. of Retired Executives provides free small business advice and resources from retired business executives.
- Score offers support from active and retired business owners and executives.
- West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce provides business education and networking opportunities.
- City of Grand Rapids manages building permits, business licenses, economic development office, parking, and zoning.
- Michigan Business One Stop is the state-wide portal for business development support from Pure Michigan.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation offers business assistance services and capital programs.
- U.S. Small Business Administration provides loans, counseling and other assistance.